Get 3 meals out of 1 chicken.
- Boil or Roast a large chicken – include onions, celery and other spices.
- De-bone and de-skin the chicken.
- Divide the meat into two piles.
- Meal #1 – Chicken Salad Sandwiches.
- Meal #2 – Use the second pile for Chicken Stir Fry or Chicken Stew.
- Meal #3 – Put the bones, with a little meat still on them, in a pot of water. Add onion, celery, carrot and other veggies you have handy. Throw in rice or pasta and you have Chicken soup or broth. You may find different ways to stretch the usefulness of a chicken, but the key is to think and plan and waste not. Don’t be chicken!